Dining on the Campus
Food for Thought or Thoughts on Food? Food for thought is provided in lectures, food for stomach elsewhere around the campus.
The campus provides a number of opportunities for finding the meal that suits you. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available on a daily basis in the dining halls. If you are looking for a larger supermarket, however, it is best to go downtown (bus or tram stop Fügnerova).
How to order your meal in the canteen?
Students must deposit money in their dining hall account using their ISIC or university ID card before ordering their first meal. This can be done in Harcov or in the Husova campus. The price of each meal is about EUR 1-3 and meals can be ordered up to one week in advance.
It is better to order your meal online, especially if you have special dietary requirements. Follow our short tutorial to learn how to place an order online:
Dishes to Order and Refrigerated Meals
Apart from the pre-ordered meals, the canteens in Husova and Harcov offer the Dishes to Order. The orders are placed on site. You can also take refrigerated meals home with you.
Show your ISIC card to pay the sponsored price.
There are other dining options around the campus:
- U Balcaru – the nearest restaurant to the main campus,
- ZOO 1320 – also not far away,
- Black Horse – the best restaurant close to building H,
- Ánanda – a very good vegetarian restaurant,
- Bez Konceptu – nice coffee and even nicer cakes await you in Husova street on your way from campus to dormitories
- Bez Konceptu 2 – younger sister of Bez Konceptu café right at the main campus, just go to the 2nd floor in the IC building, for example for brunch after an exhausting lecture
- Mikyna – hipster bistro with a variety of healthy meals and a cool environment to spend your time at
Stationery & Co.
In the shop next to the University canteen in building F, one can buy stationery, selected textbooks and TUL gifts, use copying facilities and get access to computers while waiting for the canteen to open or for the next class to begin.