Following the declared state of emergency, the Technical University of Liberec is in the online regime. Direct (contact) teaching on the university premises is interrupted, with certain exceptions. In order to make it easier for students and employees to find their way around this regime, we bring you answers to the most frequently asked questions.
If you did not find the answer to your question here, write to us at email@example.com. We will try our best to answer all of your questions. We will add the repeated questions here.
How is the current standard teaching regime changing at TUL?
The personal presence of students at classes and exams, if more than 10 people take part in the exam at university at the same time and participants in lifelong learning courses, is prohibited.
The ban on the personal presence of students does not apply to:
- participation in clinical and practical teaching and practice of students in study programmes of general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and other health study programs and students performing pedagogical practical teaching and practice in kindergartens, primary and secondary schools,
- participation in university entrance examinations with the participation of a maximum of 10 people,
- participation in individual consultations (only one student and one member of academic staff).
The student participates in practical teaching, examinations and consultations only if the following conditions are met:
- S/he does not have any acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e. g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.).
- S/he shall disinfect their hands at the entrance of the building and at the entrance to the examination room.
- S/he has not been ordered to take quarantine measures at that time.
All teaching is the responsibility of and shall be permitted by individual faculties.
What should I do if I am quarantined or have a positive test for COVID-19?
In order to have an overview of the current epidemiological situation at the university, immediately report the ordered quarantine or positive test for COVID-19 via the form at https://liane.tul.cz/covid/.
What about the accommodation at the dormitories?
Accommodation of university students in university accommodation establishments, who have a different residence in the Czech Republic, is prohibited.
The ban on accommodation in university accommodation facilities does not apply to:
- students to who the ban on personal presence does not apply (see above),
- students to whom a duty has been imposed by the government and students who take part in clinical and practical training or practice in accordance with this order,
- students for whom the accommodation facility of the university is resident and substantiates this fact by a declaration,
- students who are accommodated in the accommodation facility of the university and at the same time have an employment relationship with the university.
Are the canteens open?
Yes, canteens are open normally. Measures of the Ministry of Health order wearing respiratory protection (drape, etc.) apply. You may only leave it at the table for the purpose of consumption. When moving in the canteen, keep a distance of 2 m. We recommend diners to use the entire operating time.
How should students who are currently on study stays abroad proceed?
Follow all measures currently in force in the country where you reside and at the university where you are currently studying. In case of any problems or doubts, contact your faculty coordinator at TUL or the International Office of TUL directly.
Will it be possible to use the services of the TUL Library in any way?
The university library has an open lending window in both branches. At the same time, extensive electronic catalogs of the library are available.
In addition, students and teachers can use temporary online access to the National Library’s holdings through the Kramerius application. You can access this application from computers outside the TUL network via VPN.
Will the final theses be submitted only in electronic form via STAG?
Already at the moment, the electronic form of bachelor/master thesis is primary and decisive. At some faculties, paperwork is no longer submitted at all. Other faculties, on the other hand, prefer the printed form of student theses. Publishing Center of the University in the basement of building H works without restrictions, and bachelor/master thesis printing and binding can be done there as usual.
I have questions about online teaching, who can I contact?
Online teaching is fully in the competence of the dean of the relevant faculty, guarantors of relevant study programmes and subjects. In case of ambiguity or problems, it is appropriate for students to contact the Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs and the guarantor of a specific subject.
As a TUL student, can I participate in volunteer assistance?
We highly value our students, who offer their helping hand in this extraordinary situation and want to help in various areas as volunteers. Follow the current information on volunteering opportunities on the website of the Liberec Region or on the websites of the faculties. Thank you!
Which events does the university cancel? And will there be alternative dates?
Current precautions do not allow organising events the usual way. Some events switched to the online form, follow the calendar on T-UNI and social networks, where we will inform about online events of selected events.