COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

The Technical University of Liberec, like all Czech universities and practically the entire Czech society, is working in an extraorinary mode caused by the spread of COVID-19. To help students and employees find their way around, we are providing answers to the most frequently asked questions.

If you did not find the answer to your question here, write to us at We will try our best to answer all of your questions. We will add the repeated questions here.

How is the current teaching regime at TUL?

The current measures are moderate. In the winter semester of the academic year 2021/2022, classes will be full-time. Indoor respiratory protective equipment is required to be worn inside the buildings but is not mandatory in the classroom during classes.

Certain restrictions apply for exams and academic ceremonies. If at least 20 people are attending, they must provide proof of immunization, test, or illness recovery.

All classes are the responsibility of and authorized by the individual faculty. See details on measures.

What should I do if I am quarantined or have a positive test for COVID-19?

In order to have an overview of the current epidemiological situation at the university, immediately report the ordered quarantine or positive test for COVID-19 via the form at

What about the accommodation at the dormitories?

Vaccination, disease recovery, or regular testing (RT-PCR is valid for 7 days, antigen POC only 72 hours) is required for dorm housing.

If a student is getting tested for COVID-19 and/or waiting for the results of these tests, he/she will remain housed until the test results are received. In the event of a positive test result, the student remains in quarantine/isolation in the college housing facility.

Are the canteens open?

Yes, canteens are open normally. Measures of the Ministry of Health order wearing respiratory protection apply. You may only leave it at the table for the purpose of consumption. When moving in the canteen, keep a distance of 2 m. We recommend diners to use the entire operating time.

Where to get tested?

You can get tested at any laboratory that tests for coronavirus. You just need to enter your results at Self-tests are not accepted.

How should students who are currently on study stays abroad proceed?

Follow all measures currently in force in the country where you reside and at the university where you are currently studying. In case of any problems or doubts, contact your faculty coordinator at TUL or the International Office of TUL directly.

As a TUL student, can I participate in volunteer assistance?

We highly value our students, who offer their helping hand in this extraordinary situation and want to help in various areas as volunteers. Follow the current information on volunteering opportunities on the website of the Liberec Region or on the websites of the faculties. Thank you!

What about events?

Current government measures allow events to take place if certain hygiene measures are observed. Please follow the instructions of the organisers.